- 1 - pound crawdads, cooked and cleaned
- 8 - ounces smoked sausage (I suggest Andouille)
- 1/2 - pound fresh or frozen okra
- 1 - medium white onion
- 1 - can whole tomatoes
- 8 - ounces frozen corn
- 1 - teaspoon parsley flakes
- 1/2 - teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 - pint half and half
- 2 - cups water
- 2 - tablespoons Creole or Cajun seasoning
Dice smoked sausage into bite sized pieces. Add sausage to a large skillet and cook until browned. Add onions to skillet and cook until tender, stirring often.
Add water, tomatoes, corn, okra and Cajun (or Creole) seasoning. Simmer for 15-20 minutes. Finally add your remaining ingredients, the crawdads and half-and-half. Simmer for 10 minutes.
Serve with Steamed or Boiled Rice and Sweet Cornbread.