Grilled Peach & Blue Cheese Salad
- 1 medium shallot minced very fine
- 1/3 cup sherry wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon Kosher salt
- ¼ to 1/3 cup mild grape seed oil
- 4 small not overly ripe Eastern Local Georgia Peaches, halved, pitted and threaded on soaked wooden skewers
- ¼ cup coarse sugar (in the raw is good)
- 4 cups of B and W Spring Greens
- 2 ounces broken pecans, toasted in oven at 350 degrees
- 2 ounces of crumbled bleu cheese
Mince shallot, whisk in vinegar, honey, mustard, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
Add oil and whisk well. Reserve.
Wash and spin dry greens. Chill.
Sprinkle sugar on flat surface and place flat, flesh side of peach skewer on top of sugar.
Grill sugared side down over medium heat on an oiled grill until you get nice char marks.
Remove peaches from skewers carefully.
Toss chilled greens with dressing and divide evenly between 4 plates.Top with warm peach and sprinkle with toasted pecans and blue cheese.